Deb Wolf's Note:
This is from "A Passion for Preserves". It tastes like lemon curd and has the texture of apple butter. Absolutley delicious! I'm going to try making lime and orange versions of this recipe.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off stem and blossom ends of the zucchini and peel. (Remove all the green for a prettier color at the end). If the zucchini are very large, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. If small, leave whole. (I cut the zucchini into chunks at this point).
- 2Boil in a small quantity of water until tender OR you may microwave in a covered dish until tender, about 10 minutes. In either case, drain well, then mash or process to a smooth pulp.
- 3Cook in the top of a double boiler over hot water with sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest. Stir frequently, until thick and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- 4Ladle into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean, put lids and rings in place and tighten down.
- 5Invert jars for a few minutes, then return to upright and cool completely. Check seals, label and store in cool, dry place.
- 6Note: It took 30 minutes for my batch to cook down. I processed my jars in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Cream
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g