Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a variation on MizzNezz's "Pineapple-zucchini bread Pineapple Zucchini Bread". You will need to make Chef-Girl-R-D's "Cranberry Orange relish Cranberry Orange Relish" or a similar Cranberry relish. I had some of this relish left over so decided to try it in the bread. Use whole wheat pastry flour for a less heavy texture. Can be found in stores with bulk-food sections. Thanks to the above mentions chefs for their recipes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (plain or vanilla flavor)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (uncooked relish type)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (or use all sugar or all Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped or 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a loaf pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix egg, zucchini, oil, yogurt, relish and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients except pecans.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix just until blended. Fold in chopped pecans, or omit and use pecan halves on top of loaf.
- Pour into loaf pan. Top with pecan halves, if using.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, in pan, for 10 minutes. Invert onto rack and cool completely.
This was pretty good although I would have liked it to rise a bit more, I made this using all white flour and 1 cup white sugar, next time I make this I will increase the baking powder and soda to 1-1/4 teaspoons, and also increase the sugar but 1/4 cup thanks for sharing Mikekey!...Kitten