1/1 Photo of Zucchini-Cranberry Relish Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is a variation on MizzNezz's "Pineapple-zucchini bread Pineapple Zucchini Bread". You will need to make Chef-Girl-R-D's "Cranberry Orange relish Cranberry Orange Relish" or a similar Cranberry relish. I had some of this relish left over so decided to try it in the bread. Use whole wheat pastry flour for a less heavy texture. Can be found in stores with bulk-food sections. Thanks to the above mentions chefs for their recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt (plain or vanilla flavor)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (uncooked relish type)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (or use all sugar or all Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped or 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat a loaf pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl, mix egg, zucchini, oil, yogurt, relish and vanilla.
- 4In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients except pecans.
- 5Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix just until blended. Fold in chopped pecans, or omit and use pecan halves on top of loaf.
- 6Pour into loaf pan. Top with pecan halves, if using.
- 7Bake 50-60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on wire rack, in pan, for 10 minutes. Invert onto rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Cranberry Relish Bread
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pastry flour