Recipe by D. Goad
I adapted this recipe from a basic quiche recipe to use up ingredients i had on hand. Even DH liked it and he's not an egg person. Just be sure not to overcook so quiche is tender. You can vary vegetables, meat/seafood to suit individual taste.
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thin
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 deep dish pie shell (I used frozen, thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake piecrust for 10 minutes, cool.
- Whip eggs and milk/cream until light and fluffy.
- add all other ingredients, watch salt as crab and cheese are fairly salty.
- Pour into prebaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean, be careful not to overcook, just until touched in the middle is almost firm to touch.