amie atwood's Note:
I am a vegetarian but I miss seafood like crazy. I used to make great crab cakes and now have made this veggie version. Manipulate it to your likings. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate zucchini and squeeze dry.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat and add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- 3Remove onion and bell pepper from heat and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine zucchini, cream cheese, Old bay seasoning, egg and bread crumbs.
- 5Mix in the onions and bell pepper including any butter from the pan.
- 6At this point if you feel your mix is too wet you can add a little more bread crumbs, do not add too much because it will reflect in the flavor of the cakes.
- 7Place the entire mixture in the refrigerator for a couple of hours if you have the time. This allows the mixture to bind and it makes it easier to handle the patties. If you do not have the time, do not worry, just coat your hands in flour when making the patties.
- 8Once you are ready to make the patties just grab a glob (1/3 C) shape into a ball, dredge in flour or bread crumbs (that is entirely up to you) and then fry in about an inch of oil, flattening them with your spatula, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Crab Cakes With Cream Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning