Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very quick and easy side dish. It could also double as the base for a cold salad with the addition of other chopped veggies and oil based dressing!
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a large non-stick skillet cook zucchini in oil with cumin and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and remove skillet from heat.
- Let mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Cover for 5 minutes.
I tried this over the weekend and found it to be a wonderful recipe that accompanied grilled chicken. I'm a cumin lover and it added a wonderful flavor to this side dish. I added some red pepper flakes and 3 cloves of minced garlic to the oil before adding the zucchini and would encourage any spice and garlic lover to add this also. Great one Yooper - it's a keeper!
I loved this recipe. I added some carrots and tomatoes, and probably could have added even more veggies. My son and I gobbled it up, but my husband wasn't a fan.
The whole family loved this. Added some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and a bit of chicken broth to the liquid. Served it with baked chicken thighs that had been marinated in garlic, lemon juice and fresh thyme.