Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a lovely mediterranean side dish, and healthy too! It's easy to make while your main dish bakes in the oven. If you are on Weight Watchers, count 2.5 points per tablespoon of olive oil that you use. So if you make it as written, the whole recipe contains 2.5 points.
Top Tweak by waynejohn1234
We are zucchini lovers and always looking for new ways to serve it - this is wonderful. Have substituted feta cheese for parmesan because it does compliment the sun dried tomatoes. Thanks for submitting.
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, halves
- 177.44 ml warm water, plus 1/2 cup water
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 large zucchini (or 3 small)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sundried tomatoes in the 3/4 cup of warm water to soak for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into thin strips and return them to the soaking water.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring (if not using a non-stick skillet, you may need to add more oil to prevent sticking).
- Stir in the zucchini and garlic. At this point, I add 1/2 cup water to "steam" the veggies and reduce the amount of oil used- you may prefer to add another tablespoon of oil rather than water.
- Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sundried tomato strips and their soaking liquid (this provides a lot of the flavour so don't leave it out- if using sundried tomatoes canned in oil, add a little of the liquid from the jar instead).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the liquid absorbed, still stirring.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!