This is a favourite winter warmer. By British calculations, this whole recipe provides 9 points in total and I find it makes 4-6 bowls.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken stock cube (for flavour)
- 5 -6 zucchini, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra-light cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste (I find the Cavenders covers it)
- Put the potatoes and onions into a large saucepan with the chicken broth and chicken stock cube. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, garlic and Cavenders seasoning and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and salt and pepper if using.
- Blend in a food processor or with a handheld blender until smooth, reheat if necessary, and serve!
This was a unique soup, perfect for using up your bumper zucchini crop. I used the Cavender's seasoning, but increased it a bit because the soup can stand up to seasoning. I also was generous with the salt and pepper. I was unsure how this soup was supposed to be (texture-wise) and the cream cheese did not blend in easily, so I ended up using my hand-held immersion blender, which pureed all the ingredients. I ended up with a lovely cream texture. Thanks for sharing this.
Made with a huge zucchini. We loved this one.
I really loved this soup! It was so full of flavour, and so simple to make! I added a full teaspoon of Greek seasoning, but that was my only alteration. Made for ZWT7-Switzerland. (Vivacious Violets)