A warm, satisfying way to use some of the piles of zucchini that are around at harvest time. I don't know where my husband got this recipe, but it's a good one.
- Saute the zucchini and onions in the olive oil, then set aside.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, rice, salt and pepper.
- Layer the zucchini/onion mixture and the cottage cheese mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan together, then sprinkle over the casserole.
- Drizzle the melted butter over all.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This is a clever and unique zucchini casserole! I loved it! I didn't measure the zucchini, but I know I used more than 2 cups (had to use it up). The creamy topping was wonderful...... it sort of puffed upa bit and got golden brown. Thanx for sharing this. I love finding new and different zucchini recipes.
I have had an abundance of zucchini and I also have a vegetarian daughter who loved this she ate two servings as her meal, we all loved it. Thanks for the recipe.