A warm, satisfying way to use some of the piles of zucchini that are around at harvest time. I don't know where my husband got this recipe, but it's a good one.
- Saute the zucchini and onions in the olive oil, then set aside.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, rice, salt and pepper.
- Layer the zucchini/onion mixture and the cottage cheese mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan together, then sprinkle over the casserole.
- Drizzle the melted butter over all.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.