Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way to use up some of your garden zucchini. We always have tons of zucchini and have to think of ways to use it up. This is a great veggie side dish that can go with any summer dish. I served it up with steak and a side of rice. Very yummy!
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- Take first 4 ingredients and saute with the olive oil. Saute for about 10 minutes, then cover and continue to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or more (depending if you want the zucchini crisp or soft and tender). Add desired salt and pepper to seasoning to taste. Spoon butter and sprinkle cheese over the veggie mixture. Mix to melt cheese and serve!
This is very easily prepared dish, full of fresh flavours and colour! I used a can of diced tomatoes, added a bit of garlic powder, plus a pinch each of dried origanum and basil, and served this over penne pasta, using the cheese to sprinkle on top of the plated dishes. Delicious and very quick! Thank you for a lovely supper dish, LoveLilKai! This recipe was made for Bargain Basement tag game.