Recipe by Sara 76
This started out as a corn fritter recipe I found on Zaar, but then added a few things as i went. It was so good, I thought i'd share this version!
Top Review by StandsOnHands
Everyone I've cooked this for has asked for the recipe. It is one of our absolute favorite family sides and one of my favorite finds on food.com, as well. When I haven't had these veggies on hand, I've used carrots or squash instead. It is always a winner!
- 200 g frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup light cheese, grated
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tb oil in pan. Add onions, stir for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, stir for 1 minute.
- Add corn, stir for 1 minute.
- Remove vegetables from pan, and set aside.
- Put eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add vegetables and cheese.
- Heat butter and extra oil in pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture in pan, and cook until golden on each side, turning once.