Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This started out as a corn fritter recipe I found on Zaar, but then added a few things as i went. It was so good, I thought i'd share this version!
- Heat 1 tb oil in pan. Add onions, stir for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, stir for 1 minute.
- Add corn, stir for 1 minute.
- Remove vegetables from pan, and set aside.
- Put eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add vegetables and cheese.
- Heat butter and extra oil in pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture in pan, and cook until golden on each side, turning once.
Everyone I've cooked this for has asked for the recipe. It is one of our absolute favorite family sides and one of my favorite finds on food.com, as well. When I haven't had these veggies on hand, I've used carrots or squash instead. It is always a winner!
I saw this featured on the homepage today and just had to try it. It was a hit with my family. The only thing differently I did was added shredded carrots. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Wow, these were delicious! I wanted to try something new for a side dish (I got tired of the old stand-bys) and came across this recipe. I liked the addition of zucchini, so I decided to try it. I didn't make the world's most beautiful fritters, but they were darned tasty. My husband loved them, and they were all my 15-month old twins wanted to eat at dinner. The only change I made was I grated the onion instead of dicing it (so the little ones didn't chomp down on a big piece of onion) and I added a sprinkle of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs to the flour mixture... because I, for some reason, thought I was supposed to. No, it isn't anywhere in the ingredient list or the instructions. Must have read to do that in a different recipe.