Recipe by Latchy
This recipe came from a Family Circle cookbook. I found it yummy served with chili corn muffins.
- 500 g desiree potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup corn kernel (either fresh or frozen)
- 4 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, tasty (125g)
- 1 1⁄2 cups roughly chopped rocket (70g)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potato, onion, celery and stock in a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the veges are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Process the vegetables in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to a clean pan and bring gently to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, add corn and zucchini and cook until the zucchini is tender but still firm.
- Stir in the cheddar, rocket leaves and milk.
- Reheat gently while stirring, but do not allow the soup to boil.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup with extra stock if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve topped with the chopped prosciutto.