Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
Top Review by glenajo
This is rather like a crustless quiche. It has a slight sweet taste due to the sugar in the cream style corn. I enjoyed it, but my family, that is less favoring of eggs, did not. Mine was a little watery, but the sautéing of the zucchini with the onion and bell pepper would definitely cut down on moisture.
- 3 lbs small zucchini, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 (1 lb) can cream-style corn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Trim and scrub zucchini and cook them in boiling salted water for 6 minutes.
- Drain the zucchini and cut them in chunks.
- Mix the zucchini with the corn and beaten eggs- Set aside.
- Saute onion and green pepper until they are tender, the stir them into the zucchini mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top, and sprinkle paprika over the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.