Recipe by ChrisF
Soft cake-like cookie. The vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate chip combination really add to the flavor. The color is a bit pale so don't expect a golden brown cookie. This is a hit with the gals at the office. I make them every zucchini time.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated unpealed zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar, add egg and vinilla.
- Combine flour, baking power, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mix till blended then add zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Drop (I use tablespoon size) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.