Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Hamburg Journal.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 in rounds
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine bread crumbs adn Parmesan cheese.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Season zuccchini with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, beaten egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- Saute until golden brown.
I have been looking for different ways to cook zucchini. I followed the recipe as written but we thought they needed more spices in the coating. I did make another batch and added some garlic and onion powder. We liked these a bit better. I also added salt and pepper directly to the crumb mixture. I even enjoyed these cold.