Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here's one answer to the zucchini glut-taste's just like...............apple cobbler!
Make and share this Zucchini-Coconut Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan add together the zucchini and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes stirring often, or until zucchini is tender.
- Add 3/4 cups sugar,
- 1 t. cinnamon,
- and the 1/2 t. nutmeg.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and 1&1/2 cups sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Stir 1/2 of the coconut crumb mixture into the zucchini mixture.
- Press half the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the zucchini mixture on top of the bottom crust.
- Add the remaining cinnamon and nutmeg to the remaining coconut topping and crumble on top of the zucchini mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
This was just "wild" enough that I had to try it----& let me tell you the proof is in the tastin'! Excellant.....so much like apple cobbler it's amazing. Thanks for the wild but Great recipe you shared!
Great recipe. My whole family loved it. They said it taste like apple cobbler. Thanks for posting this recipe.
My 4yo is loving this!! Such a huge hit with us. Great recipe for a Zucchini dessert. Well worth the 5 stars