Recipe by Teah English
ZUCCHINI COBBLER TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE
Top Review by cota39
This Zucchini cobbler recipe was soooo good! It even fooled the kids, they thought it was apple cobbler.I substituted the butter with a low fat butter because my husband and I are watching our weight. I thought maybe the substitute would ruin the recipe, but we could not tell.This was our first recipe from this site and we are excited to have found it. Thanks!
- 8 cups zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Jiffy) or 1 box white cake mix (Jiffy)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PEEL AND CUT ZUCCHINI LENGTHWISE, STRIP OUT SEEDS, CUT IN 1/2" SLICES, COOK IN BOILING WATER UNTIL TENDER.
- DRAIN, COOL IN COLD WATER FOR 5 MINUTES.
- DRAIN, ADD SUGAR, FLOUR, SALT, CINNAMON, CREAM OF TARTER AND LEMON JUICE.
- STIR WELL.
- ADD PINEAPPLE AND JUICE.
- MIX WELL.
- DO NOT BEAT.
- POUR INTO A GREASED BAKING DISH (13X9" pan).
- SPREAD DRY CAKE MIX OVER TOP.
- DRIZZLE BUTTER OVER CAKE MIX.
- SPRINKLE NUTS ON TOP.
- BAKE AT 350F degrees FOR 60 MINUTES.