Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe makes a very large loaf. It is a very moist bread. It is delicious.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, oil and eggs. Mix or beat until smooth.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to sugar mixture. *It is easier to mix if you add dry ingredients a little at a time. Mix until smooth. Add zucchini, vanilla, and nuts (optional). Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool and enjoy.