Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar with roasted garlic (Nakano brand is my favorite!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with a clean dish towel; spread zucchini over towel.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Roll zucchini in towel; squeeze out moisture. In food processor, combine zucchini, garbanzo beans, cilantro, and garlic; process until smooth.
- Add vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and jalapeno, if desired; process 10 seconds.
- Adjust salt to taste. Serve dip with chips, carrot sticks, cucumber slices, or pita wedges.
- It only takes about 15 minutes to make.
you can eat this dip right off the spoon-- it's soooo good!i think i will try ro rhin it out with some cram and use it as zucchini pesto over pasta --- yum!
This was very good. I added the olive oil until I got the smooth texture that I wanted. I also added curry (~1/2 tspn) to give it a little spice since I elected not to use the jalapeno.
This sounds very good and good for you also.