Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This looks go great in the jars! The colors are so varied and bright!
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced summer squash
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle zucchini, summer squash and onion lightly with salt. Let stand in colander for 30 minutes. Rinse well with water; drain thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add carrots and bell pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon zucchini, summer squash, onion and corrot mixture into sterilized jars; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.