Awesome cake of Mexican Origin. Very moist because it's chock full of zucchini, and it has the most delicious glaze on top. Hope you enjoy!
For the Cake
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the Glaze
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and milk to the butter mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini, orange zest and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the glaze:.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Invert cake onto serving dish, then drizzle glaze over.