Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I will have an ABUNDANCE of zucchini this year, so I am looking for different ways to use them. I found this at cookingclub.com and can't wait to try it!! I am guessing on times because I have not made these yet.
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients except butter. Cut butter in with a fork until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoons cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture along with zucchini, mixing just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups; sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
I made these because I was really intrigued by the ingredient combination and I happened to have them all on hand. First, the texture of these muffins is amazing. They puff up beautifully and are nice and moist. Second, I really did not care for the chocolate chips. I feel it would have been better without them, though I do love chocolate-just not in muffins. I'm neutral about the pistachio streusel because I felt the pistachio flavor got lost amongst the others.