Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I made this recipe in an attempt to get something healthy into my boys. They gobble these up fast!
Make and share this Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 6 -8 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease muffin cups or use paper liners. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and almost white in color. Scrape down the bowl to make sure all the butter is incorporated, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla, zucchini and sour cream and mix until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until the batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups and bake for 18-24 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan to finish cooling on a rack.(muffins left in the pan to cool will become tough from steaming.).
Absolutely delicious! Perfect balance - not at all too sweet or savoury.I didn't have seeds so didn't add any. Miss Two who will only eat something if it has crumbs on it :( LOVES them, yippee! Yes, chocolate does help I guess! I got 17 large muffins from my batch. Thankyou for posting.
I made half the recipe and used only 1 egg, and added maybe 1 tbs of plain yogurt. Instead of flax seeds, I used chia seeds. My son ate a muffin and told me they were so yummy. And he hates zucchini. I told him there was zucchin in the muffins and he asked why he didn't taste it. This morning before going to the daycare he asked to bring 2 muffins. The chocolates help a lot. I tasted them this morning and they're really good. They're moist. Thanks Johanna :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Cut this recipe in half since there's no way 2 of us could handle that many muffins! I did use the sour cream, & thought there was also a nice flavor combo of flax & chocolate! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Chocolate theme in My-3-Chefs]