Recipe by Jillster
Easy to make, moist and delicious. Everyone loves these muffins. We omit the nuts and use regular sized chocolate chips, because that's what we usually have on hand. I like to pulverize the zucchini in the food processor, which makes it barely detectable in the muffins, that way even my kids will eat these!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla, mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done.