Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Barbara Kingsolver's book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle." A healthier cookie version that helps you use some of the zucchini abundance of late summer.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Combine egg through vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Combine white flour through nutmeg in a medium bowl and add to liquid mixture.
- Stir zucchini and chocolate chips into other ingredients, mix well. Drop by spoonful onto greased baking sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350°, 10 to 15 minutes.
Great way to use zucchini...a little too sweet.
These were excellcent! They have a nice touch of honey and you can not taste the zucchini, which is great for picky kids. Word of advice, shred the zucchini very fine. My son spotted it and won't eat them now, but I love them, so more for me! I also used a cup of the mini chocolate chops, that was plenty.
This is a great recipe. I needed to use some zucchini. When I saw Averybirl photo on the All you can cook buffet, I knew I had to do them today. I didn't reduce the amount of brown sugar. But I omitted honey. I used only all purpose flour. I used more cinnamon and omitted nutmeg. I baked them 15 minutes. The cookies have a really good taste. Thanks mommaj :) Made for All you can cook buffet