Recipe by weekend cooker
Quick making dessert with loads of chocolate flavor. Cocca,semi-sweet chocolate chips, walnuts, added with grated zucchini makes this on one dish-dessert classic.
- 2 cups zucchini, unpeeled, and greated
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, cocca, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Cream together butter, oil, and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light, and fluffy using eletric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat eggs one at a time, beating well, after each egg.
- Blend in vanilla extract, and honey.
- Add zucchini, and stir.
- In a large bowl, gradually add the flour-cocca mix ingredients in step1 to the creamed ingredients in step 2, while gradually adding the buttermilk.
- Stir to mix.
- Pour this batter into a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes at 325 degrees, or until cake test done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into16 squares, serve , and enjoy.