Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
I have to be honest with you and tell you that I have not tried this yet but it caught my attention because it looks good. It came from a "Our Favorite Recipes" booklet that my daughter's 4-H club published as a fund raiser in 1997.
Top Review by auntboby
this was delicious. always looking for ways to use up all the garden zucchini. i added left over ham to make it a complete meal. next time i would reduce the bread crumbs. a whole cup was little much. otherwise it was very good.
- 2 lbs zucchini (cubed)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup butter (for topping)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini in salted water just until tender, drain and cool.
- Beat eggs and mix all ingredients except butter and bread crumbs.
- Add zucchini.
- Pour into a well buttered (or spray with Pam) 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 325F for 30 minutes.