Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have made this casserole many times in the past, it is one of my family's favorite zucchini recipes, it is so good!
- 7 cups zucchini, diced and unpeeled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded carrots (squeeze out any moisture with hands)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into 1-inch pieces (can use leftover turkey also)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix (I use Stove Top Stuffing mix for this)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine zucchini and onion, add in water just to cover, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded carrots, undiluted soup, sour cream and garlic powder, salt and pepper (to taste if using) mix well to combine.
- Add in cooled zucchini/onion mixture and cooked, cubed chicken; mix to combine.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- For the topping: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add in the stuffing mix (with seasoning pack) toss well.
- Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
really gppd recipe
I made this recipe last weekend. I was able to use up all of the homegrown zucchini I bought at the farmer's market and it was fabulous! It is a whole meal in one dish! Will become one of my favorite comfort food casseroles for years to come!