Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A WONDERFUL FLAVOR which goes well with any menu plan. The grated carrot, onion and cheese enhance the zucchini in these tasty patties. A good way to get your veggies and vitamins while having a great side dish!
Top Review by TasteTester
These were so delicious, and they received an enthusiastic thumbs-up from my husband and son. I drained the zucchini after grating it, but the zucchini mixture was a little watery and it was difficult to form into patties. I added some more Bisquick and then could form the patties with no problem. I fried the first batch on high and the outside got really dark, while the inside wasn't fully cooked. I turned down the heat to about medium-high and they turned out perfectly. We loved the crunchy crust and the vegetable mixture was so good! I put cheese on some of them and had no topping on the others -- both were equally good and I already have a request to make them again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- cheddar cheese (optional for top) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs, carrot, and onion. Drain off any water accumulated from grated zucchini. Fold in grated zucchini.
- Make small patties and fry in vegetable oil until crispy done.
- If using optional cheddar cheese, immediately sprinkle a small amount on top of each pattie. If desired, microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese.3-4.