Recipe by loof
From an old issue of the Houston Chronicle. This bread is yummy and best eaten the day it's made.
Top Review by Shannon 24
Great recipe! Personally, I found no flaws with it. The loaf turned out beautiful and the texture was perfect. I used green peppers instead of scallions and they added so much to this loaf. My DS also loved it. Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 scallions
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cheddar cheese and the zucchini. Chop the scallions.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Stir the remaining cheddar and parmesan into the flour mixture.
- Add the shredded zucchini and chopped scallions.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs. Beat in milk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be very thick.
- Put the batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.