Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great! It’s unusual because it isn’t really sweet or heavy. Put in lunches or as a side dish for dinner.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dill
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add onions, zucchini, cheese and herbs.
- Combine eggs, milk and butter.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir until just moist, and then pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
Good stuff -- especially toasted. Used olive oil instead of butter -- came out fine. Thanks for sharing.