Recipe by Ambervim
These tasty little nuggets can be a complete meal. Or you can make them as an appetizer. Spice it the way you want or consider adding some cooked sausage.
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, shredded (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the zucchini in a cheese cloth and squeeze all of the excess water out.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add 1/3 of the salt and a dash of flour. Mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place sifted flour, baking powder and remaining salt in food processor. Add butter. Whirl until the size of small peas.
- Add the milk, zucchini and cheddar until moistened. Drop batter, using two tablespoons, on a baking sheet lined with silpat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm with butter.