The recipe for these tasty little critters was found in Taste of Home's Fall Baking Cookbook, 2009. [NOTE: This recipe was edited on 19 Nov 2009 to include the draining or patting dry of the shredded zucchini!]
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded (& drained or patted dry between paper towels)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme & onion mixture.
- Stir in eggs & milk just until combined, then stir in zucchini & cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, & if any are left over, refrigerate them!