1/1 Photo of Zucchini Cheddar and Herb Biscuits
Sydney Mike's Note:
The recipe for these tasty little critters was found in Taste of Home's Fall Baking Cookbook, 2009. [NOTE: This recipe was edited on 19 Nov 2009 to include the draining or patting dry of the shredded zucchini!]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (& drained or patted dry between paper towels)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & grease a large baking sheet.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender.
- 3In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme & onion mixture.
- 4Stir in eggs & milk just until combined, then stir in zucchini & cheese.
- 5Drop by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 6Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Serve warm, & if any are left over, refrigerate them!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Cheddar and Herb Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 263.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g