Recipe by Outta Here
A healthy side dish. Could add cooked chicken or turkey sausage for a one-dish meal. From Quaker Oats. Serving size is 1/3 cup.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a half batch of this as a side for dinner, I love the fact that's is simple to do and can be made ahead of time. I think that the tomato sauce is what really makes this dish as without it, it would be quite bland. I used recipe #328171 for the sauce. Hubby wasn't too taken with this dish but I quite liked it and even toddler DD ate some of hers. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat bran, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 1 egg, slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Squeeze zucchini between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a small skillet, heat oil; saute onion until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add zucchini and remaining ingredients except tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking didh. Spread tomato sauce evenly over top.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.