Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Its the time of year for zucchini and neighbors keep sharing their bumper crop with us. The problem is we don't like zucchini! I needed to find another venue other than zucchini bread and muffins. I came up with this recipe and it has been a smash hit with everyone!
- 1419.54 ml zucchini (large, grated or diced)
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml butter
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 226.79 g package seasoned stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add grated or diced zucchini and grated carrots.
- Stir frequently until zucchini is soft; about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked veggies, soup mixture and seasoned stuffing together, stirring gently until well mixed.
- Spread into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- To make it more of a 'Main Dish', my family likes it when I add 4 or 5 diced, grilled, boneless chicken breasts to the mix.
- This dish is the only way I can get my family to eat zucchini!
- Hope yours enjoys it too!
My family loved it and thinks it would be even more delicious by adding the chicken. My son isn't a big zucchini/squash eater. He eats it but loved this recipe! I wonder if you have made it ahead and frozen to cook later? Thank you!
This is great! Tried a couple of days after Thanksgiving and used the leftover stuffing. Next time I will try with cornbread stuffing and cooked chicken, diced up. Deb