Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another way to use up the never ending supply of garden zucchini. Hand this recipe out with the zucchini you want to give away, and you'll never have a problem getting rid of any again. This is so delicious!!! A friend gave me this recipe, and I've given it out many times also. I hope you like it!!
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- Open crescent rolls, and lay flat in 9x13 pan, press lightly to seal cracks Saute zucchini and onion in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, cheese, and eggs, stir gently til mixed.
- Pour zucchini mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm, cut into squares.
- Tastes pretty good cold too!
Very good zucchini recipe! Everyone really liked it, however we all agreed that the flavor was missing a little "zip" to it. I didn't have the parsley, so maybe that would have been what we were talking about. I will definately be making this one again during the zucchini season -- maybe sprinkle some parmesian on top next time. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is an easy to follow; easy to make recipe....that is fantastic! Cheese & zucchini in a crust you can't get any better than that! Next time I'll try basil in place of the oregano as it is summer & basil is abundant in my garden. But as it stands the flavors are perfect. Thanks for a great Zuke recipe.