Recipe by Barbasol
Another way to use up the never ending supply of garden zucchini. Hand this recipe out with the zucchini you want to give away, and you'll never have a problem getting rid of any again. This is so delicious!!! A friend gave me this recipe, and I've given it out many times also. I hope you like it!!
Top Review by The_Desperate_Housewife
Very good zucchini recipe! Everyone really liked it, however we all agreed that the flavor was missing a little "zip" to it. I didn't have the parsley, so maybe that would have been what we were talking about. I will definately be making this one again during the zucchini season -- maybe sprinkle some parmesian on top next time. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Open crescent rolls, and lay flat in 9x13 pan, press lightly to seal cracks Saute zucchini and onion in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, cheese, and eggs, stir gently til mixed.
- Pour zucchini mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm, cut into squares.
- Tastes pretty good cold too!