Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy cracker crumbs zucchini meal from friend g.c. A sneaky way to eat vegetable. If cut small it is not even noticeable as a real vegetable.
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 lb bulk sausage or 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped and cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a frying pan, brown the sausage.
- Remove from the pan and put into a large bowl.
- Sauté the onions until cooked, then put into the bowl with the sausage.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the cheese) to the bowl and mix together.
- Put into a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 to 50 minutes.
- You can use chopped or grated zucchini that was frozen and saved in a bag to use in winter.
Was gonna make this as a vegetarian dish & leave out the meat, but then my vegetarian friends canceled on us & I cut the recipe in half & made it using a sweet Italian sausage, which the 2 of us thoroughly enjoyed! Definitely something I'd be happy to make again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]