A Recipe that has been in my family for generations and still going strong
Make and share this Zucchini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Boil zucchini until tender (drain).
- melt 4 table butter in sauce pan cook the carrots and onions till tender.
- Remove from heat stir in 1 1/2 cup stuffing mix, soup and sour cream.
- Gently stir in zucchini
- Place in 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minute.
This is a very easy side dish to make. I steamed my zucchini, as I don't like to boil any vegetable. My motto is: if you can't roast it or steam it, eat it raw. I made as written but did add more zucchini as I was putting it into the baking dish. I had one small one left over, so I chopped it into small pieces and added it in the bottom of the dish, layering it with the mixture. A 6 ounces box of stuffing mix is all it takes for the required 2 1/4 cups. After baking, I found that adding the small pieces of raw zucchini. They held their shape and were not translucent like the cooked zucchini. This is a gem of a recipe and I will add it to my Encore cookbook AND make it for Thanksgiving Day dinner this year. Made for PAC Fall 2011 ~ ORPHANAGE ~