1/1 Photo of Zucchini Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This makes a delicious meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; saute chopped meat and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- 2Season with fennel, salt and pepper.
- 3Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch casserole.
- 4Cover bottom with 1/2 of the bread cubes and lay down a layer of zucchini slices.
- 5Pour meat and onion mixture over top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup romano cheese.
- 6Top with another layer of zucchini slices and a layer of remaining bread cubes.
- 7Dot top with butter and sprinkle with remaining romano cheese.
- 8Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes until casserole is bubbly and top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 772.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g