1/1 Photo of Zucchini Casserole
This is a rich and creamy casserole. We serve it every Christmas eve as it is a great side with beef, ham, or turkey. Real comfort food and good year round. I don't know where this recipe originated but I got it from my mother more than 25 years ago. One important tip is to drain the zucchini well otherwise your casserole will be too watery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream (low fat works well)
- 1/2 lb butter (this can be reduced if desired to 1/4 lb) or 1/2 lb margarine (this can be reduced if desired to 1/4 lb)
- 8 ounces pepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 1- steam sliced zucchini on stop top until tender; then drain well in colander.
- 2- melt margarine and then add stuffing mix; fluff with fork and set aside,
- 3- combine soup, sour cream, and onions then add in drained zucchini and mix carefully to coat zucchini but not break or mush zucchini.
- 4- spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray; layer bottom with half zucchini mixture; then layer with half stuffing mixture; another layer of zucchini and then top with remaining stuffing. Alternatively you can use a 13x9 pan and put all zucchini on bottom and top with one layer of stuffing.
- 5- bake 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.9
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 900.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g