Recipe by LisAnn1671
This is a wonderful dish that my aunt and grandmother would make as I was growing up. It is easy to make and very delicious. The taste reminds me a little of pizza with green peppers. Aside from the zucchini, the rest of the ingredients most people keep on hand. Even my picky kids will eat it!
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, and lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- Saute zucchini, onion and green pepper in 3 tbs. olive oil, for about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, and spread into prepared dish. Top evenly with chopped tomatoes. Spread the entire jar of spaghetti sauce over the dish, and top with shredded mozarella.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minute (You can cover it for the first half of baking time, to prevent your cheese from getting too brown, or wait til second half of baking time to add the cheese.).