Recipe by *Parsley*
If you're looking for lo-fat-low-calorie, you may want to back out of this page. This is an indulgence. Prep time includes setting to drain water out of the zucchini
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut into large dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 -5 slices bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 -4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a collander over an empty bowl.
- Put cubed zucchini into the collander and sprinkle with the salt; toss well. Allow to sit and drain for 30-40 minutes.
- After setting time, preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a casserole dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Shake off any excess liquid from the zucchini, then add the zucchini. Cook/stir for 8-10 minutes.
- Add bread cubes to the skillet and then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, both cheeses and black pepper. Make as smooth as possible. Pour this into the cooked zucchini mixture and stir very well.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.