Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you have kids and you want to hide the zucchini from them cut it up really small - they will think they are having just another stuffing casserole.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 ounces herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook onion and zucchini in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine soup, sour cream and shredded cheese. Add drained zucchini
- Combine stuffing mix and melted butter. Spread half of the dressing mix over the bottom of casserole dish. Spoon on vegetables and cover with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This zucchini casserole was different than any I've made before and pretty good! I really liked the stuffing on the bottom and top. I think you could probably add some cooked chicken to the zucchini/soup/sourcream mixture and have a meal-in-one casserole. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008