1 hr 15 mins
Jo Ann L's Note:
I can't remember where I got this, but aside from some time spent shredding and chopping, it's easy to make, and almost an all-in-one-meal vegetable, protein and bread in one dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the zucchini and onions in 2 Tbsp of the margarine until softened a little (They will soften more during the baking, so if you want the zucchini still a bit crunchy when the casserole is done, don't cook it too much at this stage).
- 2Place the zucchini mixture in a 2 1/2 quart casserole or a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 3Sprinkle the cheese over the zucchini mixture.
- 4Beat the eggs, together with the salt and Tabasco sauce.
- 5Pour over the zucchini mixture.
- 6Melt the remaining margarine and mix it into the bread crumbs; then sprinkle the crumbs over the zucchini mixture.
- 7Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Check to be sure the egg in the center is set.
- 8This obviously makes quite a large casserole. The recipe can be halved and the cooking time adjusted, probably to about 30-35 minutes. Also, leftovers can be reheated in the microwave, although they go a bit limp in the process.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 1017.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 17.8 g