Recipe by hazilsara_74
We always called this "zucchini yuck" as a child, but now, I love it! This is a layered casserole, like lasagna. Always good for the gardeners who end up with more zucchini than they know what to do with--works for the over sized zucchini's too.
- 3 lbs zucchini
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup rice (instant or traditional works!)
- 1 teaspoon johnny's seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini to 1/4 inch thick slices; steam or boil until barely tender.
- Brown hamburger and onion. Mix all remaining ingredients EXCEPT cheeses.
- Layer ingredients: zucchini, meat & rice mixture,ricotta, zucchini, Cream of Mushroom soup and top with cheddar to your desire.
- Bake at 325' for 55 minutes.