Recipe by Caryn
Childhood recipe that my sisters and I would fight over for 2nd and 3rd helpings. Very simple yet flavorful.
Top Review by Paulette
This was really delicious and so simple to make, and was a good change from the regular yellow squash casserole we always have. I prepared this casserole a little different - instead of adding fresh sliced tomatoes (there weren't any good ones in the grocery store), I added a 15 oz can of diced seasoned tomatoes. I melted the butter in the dish first, added the cooked zuchini, the sliced onions, salt & pepper, and then poured the tomatoes over, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Very good!!
- 1 lb zucchini, 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, boil sliced zucchini until tender (about 8 minutes); drain.
- Butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with sliced tomatoes.
- Layer zucchini and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top off the casserole with lots of parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.