Childhood recipe that my sisters and I would fight over for 2nd and 3rd helpings. Very simple yet flavorful.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, boil sliced zucchini until tender (about 8 minutes); drain.
- Butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with sliced tomatoes.
- Layer zucchini and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top off the casserole with lots of parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.