Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very good dish. I'm not a big vegetable eater but love this casserole.
- 8 cups sliced unpeeled diced zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 (7 ounce) package seasoned croutons (The kind you use for stuffing)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Grease casserole dish. Cook zucchini, onion and carrots in small amount of salted water until they change color. About 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Fry hamburger until done. Add salt and pepper to meat.
- Prepare croutons according to directions on package using the 1/2 cup melted butter and 1-1/2 cups zucchini liquid.
- Mix soup and sour cream and fold into zucchini and carrots.
- Spread half of meat in dish, then half of the croutons and put vegetables over the croutons. Top with meat and rest of croutons.
- Bake 45 minutes at 325.