Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We've been making this for years -- a family favorite!
Make and share this Zucchini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 zucchini, cut into round discs, unpeeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put a layer of zucchini in baking dish. Dab with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper and some of the chopped onions.
- Repeat layers until zucchini and onion are used up.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and spoon soy sauce over all.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
My only complaint is that I didn't double this recipe. DELICIOUS. I followed instructions to the "t". It's a good thing it wasn't for company, because I had a taste, and then another, and then.... A keeper for sure.
I made a half recipe and reduced the cooking time as it was a single layer. Turned out great! <br/>Thank you!
Give this another 5-stars for me..this is AWESOME!!! I loved the fact that you didn't have to precook the zucchini to keep it from getting too watery. The "gravy" was to die-for!! My 12 year old granddaughter whispered before she went home, "would you save some of that for me tomorrow?" Even my husband thought it was wonderful! This is a keeper for sure!! Thanks for posting!!